Children have growing pains.
Hospitals don’t have to.
The Riley Hospital for Children had big plans: maintain its role as the state’s preeminent pediatrics provider, and become one of the largest and best children’s hospitals in the nation. They contracted an equipment planner and an architectural firm to initiate a $475 million expansion – in the form of a 10-story, 675,000 square foot inpatient building – to increase access, efficiency, and patient satisfaction. This complex project definitely required activation planning expertise – but what about move management?
We know people. Between our large network of partnerships and our team’s breadth of experience, we can simplify projects by merging planning and execution into one holistic experience. In this case, we began with an equipment planner’s list and delivered a building fully-loaded with equipment and furniture, ready for patients. A single point of contact – in terms of both people and technology – ensures that patient comfort and care are at the forefront of every decision made.
Challenge: The building load is underway, but next steps are uncertain: how can we be sure that the project will continue to run smoothly to an on-time completion?
Solution: We’re team players. Let us assemble a group of experts to help you deliver the highest level of service possible.
The GWS Healthcare Model is built
on our core principles:
We have TALENT.
- Partnered with an equipment planner and an architectural firm to coordinate labor and inventory receipt
- Blended equipment planning, activation planning, and move management expertise
We manage DATA.
- Leveraged an asset management technology platform to systematically assess and audit inventory
- Enabled real-time, centralized collaboration with all stakeholders
We create READINESS.
- Streamlined the move management of all departments to reduce department head downtime
- Expedited timelines to ensure that the expansion was patient-ready on day one
- Initiated white glove placement in a complex campus environment with a myriad of tunnels and sub-basements
We add VALUE.
Reduced distribution costs by 40 percent
Built solutions in the moment to establish a strong relationship; as a result, GWS still completes projects for IU Health Riley Children’s Hospital